Alfresco Caterer's Foil is a high quality aluminium foil wrap suitable for all catering and food handling purposes. The carton has a handy serrated cutter pre installed for your convenience. Unlike some competing foils, the carton has plastic spool guides included inside for long lasting dispensing. Some cheaper foils use cardboard spool guides that can eventually wear out.
Alfresco Caterer's Foil can be used for a wide variety of purposes including:
- Covering bone and thinner sections of meat to prevent over cooking
- Lining baking trays
- Foil highlighting in hair salons
- Covering dishes to keep them warm
- Wrapping meats whilst cooking to prevent moisture loss
- Storing leftovers in the fridge (where it also assists to prevent odour exchange between foods in the fridge)
- Wrapping sandwiches
- Wrapping certain fast foods
- Much more...
Why Foil Is Shiny on One Side
Aluminum foil has a shiny side and a matte side. The shiny side is produced when the aluminum is rolled during the final pass. It is difficult to produce rollers with a gap fine enough to roll a single sheet of foil. For the final pass, two sheets are rolled at the same time, doubling the thickness of the roll. When the sheets are later separated, the two inside surfaces are matte, and the two outside surfaces are shiny.
Size: 30cm x 150m